Taking Steps to Prevent Pedestrian Injuries: New Tools & Resources
Over 4,000 people in the United States die each year from pedestrian-related injuries. This one-hour webinar will highlight resources created by national organizations to advance pedestrian injury prevention and safety. Representatives from America Walks, the National Complete Streets Coalition, the Pedestrian and Bicycle Information Center, and the Safe States Alliance will share recently developed tools, resources, and initiatives related to pedestrian injury prevention. During the webinar, the Safe States Alliance will also launch its Pedestrian Injury Prevention Portal, which will serve as a hub for connecting users to existing pedestrian injury prevention tools and resources.
Learning objectives of webinar:
1. Identify leading national organizations involved in pedestrian injury prevention and safety.
2. Describe new tools, resources, and initiatives that have been recently developed by national organizations related to pedestrian injury prevention and safety.
3. Launch the Safe States Alliance’s Pedestrian Injury Prevention Portal to locate tools and resources for pedestrian injury prevention efforts.
Featured speakers include:
- Scott Bricker, MUP, Executive Director of America Walks;
- Stefanie Seskin, Deputy Director of National Complete Streets Coalition;
- James Gallagher, MA, Communications Manager for Pedestrian and Bicycle Information Center;
- Katie Arseniadis, MPH, Program Associate for Safe States Alliance;
The webinar will be moderated by Nathan Warren-Kigenyi, Research Analyst, Traffic Safety Research & Advocacy for AAA National Office.