Disaster Epi SIG Webinar
Results of the Community Assessment for Public Health Emergency Response (CASPER) to the 2014 South Napa (California) Earthquake
Wednesday, February 18, 2015
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
On August 24, 2014, a magnitude 6.0 earthquake struck in Napa County, California. Local and state public health officials responded, which included conducting a community public health assessment in the affected community. During this webinar, local and state public health officials from California will present information on that assessment, including a focus on injuries, chronic disease exacerbation, mental health, household property damage, and emergency preparedness.
Learning objectives of webinar:
1. To describe the objectives of the community public health assessment.
2. To describe how the assessment was planned and conducted.
3. To describe community needs and injuries following an earthquake.
- Jennifer Henn, PhD, Epidemiologist with Napa County Public Health
- Svetlana Smorodinsky , MPH, Research Scientist with California Department of Public Health
- Kathleen Attfield, ScD, CDC Epidemic Intelligence Service Officer with California Department of Public Health
- Christine Dobson, ScD CDC/CSTE Applied Epidemiology Fellow with California Department of Public Health
The webinar will be moderated by David Zane, Epidemiologist, Texas Department of State Health Services.