August 2013 Policy Opportunities
During the Congressional Summer Recess (August 6 – September 5), your Congressional Members will be back in your state. This is a perfect time for you to invite a member to see a program in action or schedule an in-district meeting. These opportunities allow you to meet with your members to share information about the burden injuries and violence, as well as prevention activities going on in communities throughout your state.
Below are some tips to help you get started:
- Invite your House or Senate members to see a program in action
- Request an in-district meeting with your House or Senate Members
- Locate your State's Representatives
- Locate your State's Senators
- Download the Safe States 2013 Congressional Outreach Guide
As policy opportunities arise, we will continue to send you updates on how you can get involved. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Stephanie Maltz.