Injury Control Research Centers: Strengthening
State injury programs have developed a wide range of public and private partnerships to advance injury and violence prevention and control activities, policy initiatives, and educational opportunities within the communities they serve. For many state injury and violence prevention programs, the partnerships developed with the Injury Control Research Centers (ICRCs) has been vital in promoting injury prevention and control activities, translating research into practice and accessing technical expertise in a variety of areas. This webinar will explore those relationships from the perspective of the state injury program and of the ICRC. CDC will provide an overview of their interaction and expectations for partnering with ICRCs through a Cooperative Agreement process.
The recording and presentations from the webinar are below:
- Recording of the webinar, "Injury Control Research Centers: Strengthening Partnerships"
- Presentation by Paul Smutz, PhD, Health Scientist, CDC/NCIPC
- Presentation by Debra Houry, MD, MPH, Associate Professor and Emergency Medicine Director, Emory University Center for Injury Control
- Presentation by Beth E. Ebel, MD, MSc, MPH, Director, Harborview Injury Prevention & Research Center and Dolly Fernandes, MEd, Manager, Injury & Violence Prevention Program, Washington State Department of Health
- Presentation by Alan Dellapenna, RS, MPH, Injury and Violence Prevention Branch Head, North Carolina Division of Public Health
- Click here to take evaluation & report Continuing Education Credits for CPH and CHES
<< Web Events Main Page